Successful interior designers meld a variety of skills to provide clients with the best services possible. When searching for a designer who will fit your needs, there are some traits that separate top interior designers from lesser-quality services. Here are some of the characteristics of top interior designers you’ll want to look out for:
1. Attention to detail: When it comes to interior design, a good job is separated from a great job by the small touches. To formulate a cohesive space, top interior designers must simultaneously be able to home in on the minute details of a project while also keeping in mind the clients’ big picture and overall vision.
2. Diverse style: Given the fact that home designers often serve a variety of clients — all with shifting needs and tastes — top interior designers are distinguished by their ability to incorporate a range of styles into their portfolio.
3. Artistic talent: A passion for art and design is a must for interior designers — the best of the best never cease to further their craft by exploring and pursuing new design ideas.
4. Communication skills: Bringing a home’s interior from drab to revitalized is always a team effort, and requires collaboration between the client and home designer. Moreover, interior designers must be able to interact clearly with those assisting them — because of this, superior communication skills are a must.
5. Organization: In any space, a complete interior design refresh involves several elements of the home — from paint to furniture, decor, and more. Top interior designers can be identified by their ability to compartmentalize the job and give thoughtful attention to each area.