If you’re planning to redecorate your home, it can be easy to get overwhelmed as you determine what stays and what goes. In order to avoid a major home styling faux pas, you can use these five home styling tips to help you achieve your goals:
1. Avoid Clutter – The longer you live in a space, the easier it is to collect items that don’t truly add value to your home. Clearing clutter and incorporating items that have meaning to you will help you enjoy your interior spaces more.
2. Fill Open Spaces – Especially if you have large rooms, it’s important not to push everything to the walls and leave the middle of the floor wide open. Using furniture strategically to fill open spaces and create designated areas for living is a top home styling tip!
3. Mix Old & New – Mixing old and new items can add a layer of interest to your home. Whether it’s mixing new furniture with antique accents or incorporating aged décor with upgraded storage, you will see your room come to life mixing old and new items.
4. Consider the Architecture – When it comes to home styling success, you must respect the architecture of your space. You don’t want to force a modern, all-white room into a turn-of-the-century home. Taking time to find pieces of furniture and décor that match the architecture of your home, while also incorporating some new elements, will give your home a polished look.
5. Avoid Monochrome – Whether your favorite color is purple, green, or blue, avoid rooms in your home that are monochromatic. Home styling with specific colors means there is a balance between the color you love and complementary colors that bring out the best in a room.
If you need help with home styling or are interested in a completely new interior design look for your home, contact us at Moyanne for expert solutions specific to your needs and wants. We look forward to helping you achieve your design goals.