Good lighting is essential to interior design; it sets the mood, enhances the ambiance, and highlights the beauty of your decor. Layering ambient, task, and accent lighting is the key to achieving a beautiful home interior with lighting. With so many lighting options available, you may need to know which lighting ideas will work best in your home. Here are our recommendations for creating a bright and beautiful house interior.
- Natural Light. The most apparent lighting source is natural light. If your home is open and airy, you probably have tons of natural light, and large windows, light-colored walls, and reflective surfaces will accentuate this light source.
- Pendant Lighting. Pendant lights are one of the most popular lighting fixtures in house interior design. They create a focal point in any room, particularly the dining area or kitchen. Pendant lights add height and are a way to add a pop of color to your room.
- Chandeliers are timeless lighting fixtures that add sophistication to your beautiful house interior design. They give your home a focal point. You can choose from any style, from sleek and modern to traditional, to boost the beauty of overhead lighting with a chandelier.
- Floor Lamps. Floor lamps add light to those dark corners in your house interior and are perfect for reading, relaxing, and creating a cozy ambiance. Floor lamps are relatively inexpensive and easy to set up.
- Recessed Lighting. Recessed lighting adds light to your room without taking up space and is an excellent option for small rooms and hallways. Recessed lighting provides ambient lighting that can highlight specific areas of your decor.
- Wall Sconces. Wall sconces add visual interest to empty walls and provide lighting for artwork or around large pieces of furniture. They add light without taking up space, which makes them a good choice for small spaces.
At Interiors by Moyanne, we have the experience to help you create the beautiful house interior you’ve always wanted. Contact us to get your design project started.