Estate sales are a great way to purchase well-made vintage and new furniture and other home items. You can just show up to estate sales and hope to find what you are looking for. But there is a better way to shop estate sales. To help you be the most successful, we recommend that you follow these tips.
- Get There Early – For the best selection, try to be there early on the first day. You may be there with other early birds, so get friendly. Other early birds may know of other sales and can often help keep an eye out for items that you are looking for.
- Be Respectful – While getting to estate sales early is recommended, don’t show up before the sale stars and ask to see items before it is open to the public.
- Have Cash – It is highly recommended to go to estate sales with cash. It looks pretty poor to agree on a price of an item and then have to ask them to hold the item while you run to get money. Come prepared and know your budget.
- No Snooping – Estate sales are often in homes. Be respectful of that home by staying out of closed off areas.
- Come Prepared – Going to estate sales with a plan of how much you want to spend and what items you are most interested in can help to keep you focused and on track.
Estate sales are fun, exciting, and always unique. Try remembering these helpful tips at your next estate sale.